Wednesday, July 27, 2016

WIP update and a start to be restarted

Hello blog friends. 
Just a quick stitching update.
I have finished the green and reds on the first Prairie Stars piece:
Did you notice I frogged and moved the right margin one square less? I have decided to stitch the ornies all together just like with the PS Santas. And these squares are not even of same size...
Meanwhile, I have started the chart from Cross Stitcher June 2016 issue, it's called For the Record: 
This is an 11count white aida... I have to face the hard truth, it doesn't look good, eh? This is the piece little niece wanted to take part in, one I will be secretly stitching for DH. Then again, I looked at it, ewww. Not only that, it doesn't fit the album frame recommended (I measured it against the frames at Michael's), plus niece, I think, already forgot about it. So no use frogging this one, I'll just grab me some 14ct (the one used in the magazine) and start over.

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Your first square piece is looking lovely! The other one is also looking nice, I don't know what you aren't liking about. I use 3-4 strands instead of two strands when I work on 11 count depending upon the design. I use two strands or a pearl thread for single line stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty flower:) Looking forward to seeing your musical project unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not familiar with the pattern you are talking about for your husband, but it sounds like fun. A great surprise.Too bad about the extra work though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful progress. Good luck on your restart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress on both pieces. Maybe your niece will want to stitch on it later.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice start on the Prairie Stars piece.
    It's better to restart the other piece now and get the fabric right than continue and regret it later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look great but if you aren't happy you should definitely restart :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great starts! If you're not happy with something it will really bug you, so if you feel you need to start over you should do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great starts! Shame that the second one isn't working out - but I think you are doing the right thing by starting again before you get any further along. Nothing worse than trying to stitch on something that bugs you!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete