Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

Hello stitchers. Welcome to Day 21!
Thanks to Jo of Serendipitous Stitching for giving me a later date so I can finish up two recent WIPs.
So now I have four Christmas finishes to share this year... 
I See Trees of Green
by Heartstring Samplery
14ct. vintage country cream aida
I loved that the chart also includes this trivia: "What a Wonderful World," released in 1967, intended as an antidote for the racially and politically charged climate of everyday life in the US. It was initially not a hit in the US because the ABC Records head didn't like it and did not promote it, but was a major success in the UK. Went on to later grow in popularity and ultimately became a Christmas Classic.
Next we got, not one but four Prairie Schooler Santas which I decided to stitch together to fondly call a Needleworker's Christmas wishlist:
14ct. natural Aida
And here are my latest finishes which haven't been posted yet:
 Christmas Eve
by Prairie Schooler
14ct. blue blizzard opalescent aida
I changed the colors for the words, chose darker and cheerful ones. I also changed the word Noel to Hope. Lastly, omitted that one behind Santa's sleigh. Can't figure what it is... an elf left behind? a toy robot that fell from the sack? or a naughty/stalker kid wanting more. So a snowflake gladly took his spot. Here's the original pattern:
My latest finish:
Remember my tiny tree...
and my reindeer...
put them together and we got...
Mischief-making Reindeer
from BHG's 101 Best-loved Designs fr.
Cross Stitch & Country Crafts
14ct. light blue aida
Major change: this is 80 lightbulbs less. It's not that I wanted to save a lot on electricity (just a bit maybe), but it's because...
I can't find my sweater size, LOL.
To answer this year's question. Growing up it was usually store-bought decorations. But I remember when I was in Elementary, my dad's aunt gifted me and my sister felt-stockings with our names on it and both were stitched using a lot of ...beads and sequins! Of course anything that glitters was a hit, mine was a snowman, hers was poinsettia. They couldn't hold anything heavy. But it was a favorite of mine... even though my name was misspelled, haha.  
Thanks for visiting. Be sure to check out the whole Advent Calendar Blog Hop. Just a few days more... MERRY CHRISTMAS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!

14 comments:

  1. I love all your finishes,but Santa flying with his reindeer is my favourite,I have the chart and must stitch this design for next year:)
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Bog Hop this year. I love all your stitched pieces, the sampler could easily stay up all year. The PS Santas really would make many of our dreams come true! I like your changes to Santa's sleigh, I think it is most likely a toy rather than a hitch-hiker grabbing a life home.
    Shame you couldn't find the sweatshirt to fit, it really would win awards in any "Festive" jumper competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stitching! I like the changes you made to the Christmas Eve one

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat! A feast for the eyes! I love all these finished pieces. Just fantastic my friend! Merry Christmas! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finishes. I do love the reindeer & tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! Beautiful stitching but I especially love Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stitching. This was a great blog post to read. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lovely finishes!
    Especially the mischief making reindeer!
    The sweatshirt does look fantastic .... maybe you will find one another year!?!
    Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely stitching!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These finishes are just gorgeous. I love them all, and that reindeer is so funny. Great job on all of them. Great blog hop post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have stitched some beautiful Christmas projects. I love them all! I am visiting your blog on Christmas Eve, and being here today has been a very joyous interlude in my day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post. Boy you got a lot of finishes to share. Major Congrats on all of them. They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finishes! I love the mischief making reindeer he's definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete